Bison Shish Kebabs
Serves 8 skewers. 4-8 people.
- 1 tbsp Turkish chili paste or sweet pepper paste
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed to a paste with a little salt
- 1 package of diced bison, if there are larger chunks cut into smaller, more bite-sized, pieces.
- 2 tomates, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 onions, cut into 4 wedges
- 8 long, green pepper or 2 red romano peppers, cut into 4 sections
- Make the marinade by mixing the chili paste, tomato paste, Aleppo pepper, garlic, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper with a splash of water (just enough to be able to mix). Add the meat and mix well. Leave to marinate in the fridge over night, or at least for a few hours.
- Add the bison, tomatoes, onions and peppers to 8 skewers. Or if you would like add just the meat to a couple skewers and just the veggies the other skewers. Make sure the ingredients don't cover an area larger than your heat, or the ends will not be properly cooked. If you can't fit everything onto 8 skewers, just use more.
- Grill the skewers over very hot coals or on your bbq until the bison is cooked to your liking, turning regularly. Serve immediately.
This dish can be served with breads, onion salad
Serve the kebabs with some breads, an onion salad and chili sauce for some extra kick.